When stars like Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant began sporting sunglasses, they created ripples in the fashion world. Who knew fashion could blend with function so nicely?
Fast forward to this day, and we are still big fans of sunglasses!
They protect our eyes and perk up our appearance like no other accessories.
As this trend has stood the test of time, your favorite shades can do too. All you need is to learn how to take proper care of them. And getting a sunglasses strap will be the first step in doing so!
In this guide, let’s learn more about these eyewear retainers.
- What are Sunglasses Straps
- Why do you need to Strap Glasses
- What to Look for in a Sunglass Strap
- Benefits of Having Holders around Neck Glasses
- How to Attach the Eyeglass Holders around your Neck
- Types of Sunglass Holder Straps
- Where to Get the Best Sunglass Straps
- How to Choose your Retainer from Cablz
What are Sunglasses Straps?
A sunglass strap is also known as an eyewear retainer. These straps are commonly used to hang your sunglasses around your neck when you don’t want to wear them but wish to keep them handy. It can slide at the sides of your glasses and rest around your neck.
They also work as a safety net if your shades fall or slip off your face.
Earlier, you could only find sunglasses strap for men. But nowadays, you can find a whole range for women and different age groups.
Why do you need to Strap Sunglasses?
These are a must-have if you are into sports or outdoor activities. When people are fishing, jogging, or even hiking, they need to keep their shades accessible.
These holders keep the glasses pretty close to your body when you aren’t wearing or using them. It makes them excellent for outdoor activities because they won’t fly as they do on a longer lanyard.
A sunglass retainer is also helpful in casual circumstances. Sometimes, you have to take off your sunglasses, complete a chore, and need the shades again. In such cases, getting eyewear straps is your best option.
What to Look for in a Sunglass Strap?
Although all straps are meant to do the same thing, you will find many options when you surf the market. The factors like color, material, and size can significantly affect how you use your eyewear straps.
You should keep the following factors in mind when shopping for a sunglass holder strap.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the strap is a good fit for your sunglasses. Some straps work for thin frames, and others are meant for thicker ones.
- Adjustability: An adjustable eyeglass strap provides fantastic functionality. It stays away from your neck, so you don’t get the feeling of wearing a retainer.
- Material: You should opt for a strap that sits comfortably over your neck and protects your sunnies. They are available in various materials, including steel and silicone. Ensure that you pick the best ones which don’t cause an allergic reaction to your skin and keep you comfortable.
- Color: You might want to think about which strap color would look best on you. It’s a good idea to evaluate how the neck glasses retainer cord will complement your attire.
As companies are expanding their product lines, the options available to us are also increasing. Keeping the above factors in mind will help you in making the correct choice.
Benefits of Having Holders around Neck Glasses
It is a good idea to learn about all the benefits of eyewear retainers to make the most out of them:
Here are the perks that come your way:
- Prevents losing them: Let’s be real – most of us are prone to misplacing our glasses, no matter how much we stay organized. A retainer is the best tool to hold your glasses when you are not wearing them.
- Protected lenses: High-quality, anti-scratch lens coatings may work for minor wear and tear. But if you are into outdoor activities, a sports glasses strap is a vital accessory to ensure the lens stays unscratched.
- Safe from spills: Whether at your workplace or home, a greasy spill on the console or table can ruin your spectacles. A retainer is the best way to keep them intact.
- Prevents frame scuffs: Your shades could catch tiny dust particles if you lay them on a desk or other surfaces. The strap helps keep your glasses protected from these gritty surfaces so you can avoid frame scuffs.
All these benefits make us the ultimate fans of eyewear straps. It is a valuable purchase for men and women that goes a long way to help save hundreds of bucks spent over repeated glasses purchases.
How to Attach the Eyeglass Holders around your Neck?
Sliding on the straps may be a little tricky if you haven’t used them before.
You can follow these tips to do it efficiently:
- Place the glasses on a flat surface and ensure that the earpiece is resting on the same area.
- Place a loop of the retainer in each earpiece.
- Slide it at the top to ensure it sits comfortably on your face.
- Push the bead below it to fix it firmly.
- You can create a snug fit to prevent your glasses from slipping.
- Now, you can wear the glasses around your neck after ensuring everything sits in its place.
Types of Sunglass Holder Straps
There are two main types of retainers that you will come across:
- Adjustable Eyewear Retainers: In this style, the length of the straps can be adjusted according to the size of your head. A flexible strip also has an anti-slip buckle, perfect for athletic activities. They can be worn snugly, close to your head, or loosely according to your preference.
- Non-Adjustable Retainers: A non-adjustable retainer features a universal fit and stays the same length. These are generally lightweight, durable, and cost less as compared to adjustable retainers.
Where to Get the Best Sunglass Straps?
Are you all set to hook the look?
Do you want to get your hands on a sunglass retainer that promises practicality and style?
If yes, Cablz is the place to find top-quality sunglass lanyards for your precious shades. It is the sole eyewear retainer with patented ball-bearing technology which allows the retainer to stay off your neck so it doesn’t feel like you are wearing one.
We offer a wide range of retainers to meet your individual needs. Our adjustable retainers are ideal for a custom fit. They are low profile and allow a full range of motion.
Cablz eyeglass retainers have been sold in retail stores for a decade. Over the years, we have expanded our product line to offer high-quality retainers for both men and women. Our design speaks for itself and boasts a unique combination of durability and style.
How to Choose your Retainer from Cablz?
Cablz provides you the option of choosing a retainer for your individual needs. You can select one according to:
- Frame End Size: You can choose from one of our various options for frame end sizes ranging between 5mm to 15mm.
- Type: You can select an adjustable or non-adjustable retainer according to the anticipated use of the glasses.
- Length: Finding the right length of the straps is vital to ensure it wraps swiftly and doesn’t cause any discomfort. We have many options ranging from 10” to 22”. You can even get ones that are a great fit for your kid’s glasses.
Given the details above, it won’t be wrong to state that sunglasses straps are an essential item that will help you go the extra mile to keep your eyewear safe. When outdoors, you may want to pop on your sunglasses frequently, and having them close surely helps. We hope this guide assists you in finding the right item to secure your glasses during daily activities.